i travel not to go anywhere, but to go. i travel for travel's sake.

the great affair is to move.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

wilderness of intuition

this is a new step for me....this online blog.
when i was younger i used to start journals in various notebooks. i always had good intentions but could never follow through on the lofty goals of writing in them every day. now if you look back through notebooks scattered throughout my house you would find so many random journal entries about bad haircuts, best friends, and cute boys.

this one however, is going to take on a different twist. this blog (although i can not guarantee i will write every day) is to record my journeys abroad. first stop? guatemala. and hopefully they will continue to expand from there. i will be studying abroad and encountering a new world and culture. i can not wait. so many memories and relationships await me. don't even get me started on the food. :) i know this experience will change me, and improve my language skills in immense proportions, but hey...what was this world made for if not to be discovered?? In fact Alan Alda once said, " You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment