i travel not to go anywhere, but to go. i travel for travel's sake.

the great affair is to move.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

ecological hike

Como se dice "calves of steel?"

well, that's what i am going to have at the end of this trip. My house is located towards the top of the hill, and i thought that was bad enough. But, today we hiked a mountain for over an hour. Normally, they wait a week until they bring people there so we can adjust to the altitude of Guatemala. Nope, not for us. We went right at it.....and it was tough. Because of that, I am exhausted. I start at my ministry site tomorrow, so then I'll have some free time. Hopefully then I can update about today and tomorrow....or I might nap. We'll see.

I am nervous about the sites though. I have been told that Hermano Pedro is one of the most difficult to work at emotionally. However, I hope to learn from the people of Guatemala....not be their superman to save the day, but instead I have this feeling that they'll save me. I am going to learn so much from them, that in the end all the emotions are going to be worth it.

Pues, necesito dormir.
Con amor,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment